Complex electromagnetic emanations
Tin foil hat
A tin foil hat is a hat made from one or more sheets of aluminium foil, or a piece of conventional headgear lined with foil, worn in the belief or hope that it shields the brain from threats such as electromagnetic fields, mind control, and mind reading. The notion of wearing homemade headgear for such protection has become a popular stereotype and byword for paranoia, persecutory delusions, and belief in pseudoscience and conspiracy theories. Foil hats have appeared in the films Signs and Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder. Note that "tin foil" is a common misnomer for aluminium foil; packaging metal foil was formerly made out of tin before it was replaced with aluminium.
The concept of a foil hat for protection against interference of the mind was mentioned in a science fiction short story by Julian Huxley, "The Tissue-Culture King", first published in 1927, in which the protagonist discovers that "caps of metal foil" can block the effects of telepathy.
While there is no evidence that anyone has ever in seriousness advocated wearing a literal tinfoil hat, headgear intended to block telepathy is advocated. This is often based on a belief that such hats prevent mind control by governments, spies, or paranormal beings that employ ESP or the microwave auditory effect. People in many countries who believe they are "Targeted individuals" (TIs), subject to government spying or harassment, have developed websites, conference calls, and support meetings to discuss their concerns, including the idea of protective headgear. Over time the term "tin foil hat" has become associated with paranoia and conspiracy theories.
The notion that a metal foil hat can significantly reduce the intensity of incident radio frequency radiation on the wearer's brain has some scientific validity, as the effect of strong radio waves has been documented for quite some time. A well-constructed aluminum foil enclosure would approximate a Faraday cage, reducing the amount of radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation passing through to the interior of the structure. A common high school physics demonstration involves placing an AM radio on aluminum foil, and then covering the radio with a metal bucket. This leads to a noticeable reduction in signal strength. The efficiency of such an enclosure in blocking electromagnetic radiation depends on the thickness of the foil, as dictated by the "skin depth" of the conductor for a particular wave frequency range of the radiation. For half-millimetre-thick aluminum foil, radiation above about 20 kHz (i.e., including both AM and FM bands) would be partially blocked, although aluminum foil is not sold in this thickness, so numerous layers of foil would be required to achieve this effect.
A belief also exists that aluminum foil is a protective measure against the effects of electromagnetic radiation (EMR). Despite some allegations that EMR exposure has negative health consequences, no link has been established between the radio-frequency EMR that foil hats are meant to protect against, and subsequent ill health.
In 1962, Allan H. Frey discovered that the microwave auditory effect, i.e., the reception of the induced sounds by radio-frequency electromagnetic signals heard as clicks and buzzes, can be blocked by a patch of wire mesh (rather than foil) placed above the temporal lobe.
- Microwave auditory effect
- Electrophonic hearing
- Electromagnetic radiation and health
- Electromagnetic hypersensitivity
- Electronic harassment
- Faraday cage
- On the Origin of the "Influencing Machine" in Schizophrenia
- Jump up^ "Foil - metallurgy". Encyclopædia Britannica. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
up^ Huxley, Julian (1927). The Tissue-Culture King.
Well, we had discovered that metal was relatively impervious to the telepathic effect, and had prepared for ourselves a sort of tin pulpit, behind which we could stand while conducting experiments. This, combined with caps of metal foil, enormously reduced the effects on ourselves.
- Jump up^ Thought Screen Hats, retrieved 3 September 2016
- Jump up^ Weinberger, Sharon (14 January 2007). "Mind Games". Washington Post. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- Jump up^ "Hey Crazy--Get a New Hat". Bostonist. 15 November 2005. Archived from the original on 3 May 2007. Retrieved 5 April 2007.
- Jump up^ Adey, W. R. (December 1979). "Neurophysiologic effects of Radiofrequency and Microwave Radiation". Bulletin of New York Academy of Medicine. 55 (11): 1079–1093.
- Jump up^ Jackson, John David (1998). Classical Electrodynamics. Wiley Press. ISBN 0-471-30932-X.
- Jump up^ Lean, Geoffrey (7 May 2006). "Electronic smog". The Independent. London. Retrieved 9 June 2009.
- Jump up^ Frey, Allan H. (1962-07-01). "Human auditory system response to modulated electromagnetic energy". Journal of Applied Physiology. 17 (4): 689–692. ISSN 8750-7587. PMID 13895081.
- Jump up^ Elder, Joe A.; Chou, C.K. (2003). "Auditory response to pulsed radiofrequency energy". Bioelectromagnetics. Wiley-Liss. 24 (S6): S162–73. doi:10.1002/bem.10163. ISSN 0197-8462. PMID 14628312.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tin foil hats.|
Complex electromagnetic emanations
Conceivably, if relatively simple electromagnetic emanations from muscles and nerves such as jerking a leg up and then down near an on but not yet connected up to any person multi-channel chart recorder can cause the recorder armature/ink pen needle to jump also;
Part A: Concerning complex electromagnetic emanations from muscles:
1. Plausibly, more complex muscle movements such as a person waving his arms in some manner, may also give off emanations; except that such emanations may be more complex.
2. Also, conceivably, more complex muscle movements such as a person talking and saying words of some sort, could also give off emanations; also except that such emanations would also be more complex than a simple jerking of leg muscles up and down.
3. Furthermore, such emanations, whether simple or complex, conceivably could be received by a radio receiver antenna and then recorded and then stored in a computer's memory files.
Part B: Concerning complex electromagnetic emanations to muscles:
1. Plausibly, such recorded more complex muscles movements electromagnetic emanations information could be retrieved from the computer's memory files and then fed to a transmitter aimed at someone else's muscles and nerves to attempt to observe what might result:
2. What happens when such is attempted?
Part C: Concerning receiving muscles and nerves information and then transmitting such information to another individual's muscles and nerves:
1. "Rumor" has it that if the microphone input of an ordinary stereo system has a receiving antenna connected up with it; that then supposedly the antenna can be aimed at someone and:
2. Then, the complex electromagnetic muscles-emanations coming from the person can be received and then recorded; and:
3. Then later, such recorded information can be played back and transmitted to another individual; apparently by connecting up the speaker output of an amplifier coming from the output of the computer with the recorded information in it, to a transmitting antenna (allegedly using the same antenna as was used for receiving, possibly); and:
4. Then aiming the transmitting antenna at "any poor fool" who may not know what is happening, when, for example, he from time to time may experience his mouth to be talking all by itself without his consenting to such experiences; and who may end up resenting it; including possibly ranting and raving on his part; and also ranting and raving potentially on the part of other individuals; whether recorded, or whether connected up "live" with the unwilling victim. I have experienced such talkings out of my mouth myself; although, without my yet having become aware of how to remedy the problem satisfactorily.
It is very annoying to have my mouth apparently talked out of by someone else. It is even extremely annoying.
5. And who knows what else.
6. Are there instances of persons who complain about other persons seeming to talk out of their mouths without their consent? If so, then could such be in some instances possibly explainable by these herein described reasonings, and/or by related concepts?
7. What could be a possible solution to such problems of a person being overpowered and talked out of, or usurped and overpowered in other ways, by unknown other personalities?
8. Could the phenomena of a category of persons who at various times may act oddly or strangely, such as by such a person proceeding to make and then to wear a makeshift "hat" made out of Aluminum foil, be somehow such a person's possibly somewhat feeble attempt to block out such electromagnetic radiation which he/she may have thought to be containing such overpowering signals information?
9. Perhaps such an individual may have attempted to use "Faraday shielding" (such as is used in what is called a "Faraday cage" to block out unwanted stray electromagnetic radiation from a scientific experiment or from electronic equipment which is not wanted to be interfered with by stray electromagnetic radiation); perhaps such a person may have thusly attempted to block out such suspected interference of impinging electromagnetic radiation that may plausibly have been thought to be being emanated by some such complex muscles/nerves information containing ray, or rays.
How could such hypotheses be tested, as to whether any such concepts are valid or not?
Part D: Concerning as to whether or not if a person's existence is "tri-partite" or consisting of spirit, soul, and body; then:
1. Can a spirit, if there is such an entity as that, whatever it may consist of; Can a spirit also receive and transmit such muscle and nerve information?
2. Can a spirit also receive and send thoughts information?
3. Should not an individual who may be involved in such overpowering of other persons against their wills, instead attempt to not offend any one else; but rather should they not instead, attempt to do good works towards others, as is described by "The Golden Rule" taught to us by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in The Holy Bible; to effectively speaking, "Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you"?
4. Or, as someone recently has said, should not we attempt to go according to "The Platinum Rule" and to "Do unto others as they would want to have done unto them"?
4. And thus, should not a person attempt to function civilly and with good will towards others, and to willingly be subject to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and His Father, our Almighty Lord God Jehovah; who allegedly is "the Father of the spirits of all flesh"; and "Who is kind to good and bad alike"?
And should we not request that He give us more of his Holy Spirit to help us?
Please see Matthew 5:45.
From the Blue Letter Bible, here is Matthew chapter 5:
Daily Bible Reading Plans
Recognizing the value of consistent reflection upon the Word of God in order to refocus one’s mind and heart upon Christ and His Gospel of peace, we provide several reading plans designed to cover the entire Bible in a year.
Recently Popular Pages
- BLB Daily Promise for November 11th
- O.T. Names of God
- Another Consequence of Accessing Grace through Faith by Bob Hoekstra
- Spurgeon's November 11th — Morning Reading
- Jesus Christ's Names, Titles and Characters
- Apostle Paul's Timeline
- Spurgeon's November 11th — Evening Reading
- A Summary of Each Bible Book
- The Attributes of God - Study Resources
- Summary and FAQs About the Blue Letter Bible
Recently Popular Media
- Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus and the Holy Trinity (Walter Martin)
- Presentation of a King (Chuck Missler)
- Exodus 11-12 (Chuck Missler)
- Will is the Power to Choose (Elisabeth Elliot)
- Revelation 4-6 (1982-85 Audio) (Chuck Smith)
- Luke 1:46 - 2:35 (Jon Courson)
- Luke 2 (1982-85 Audio) (Chuck Smith)
- Luke 2:1 (Bob Davis)
- Job 22-24 (Bob Davis)
- Luke 2: Intro (Dr. J. Vernon McGee)
Matthew 5 :: King James Version (KJV)
And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
The Authorized Version or King James Version (KJV), 1611, 1769.
Outside of the United Kingdom, the KJV is in the public domain. Within the United Kingdom, the rights to the KJV are vested in the Crown.
Translations available: King James Version, New King James Version, New Living Translation, New International Version, English Standard Version, Holman Christian Standard Bible, New American Standard Bible, New English Translation, Revised Standard Version, American Standard Version, Young's Literal Translation, Darby Translation, Webster's Bible, Hebrew Names Version, Reina-Valera 1960, Latin Vulgate, Westminster Leningrad Codex, Septuagint, Morphological Greek New Testament, and Textus Receptus.
Blue Letter Bible study tools make reading, searching and studying the Bible easy and rewarding.
Blue Letter Bible is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
©2016 Blue Letter Bible